I am a second-year Ph.D. student at UC Berkeley EECS advised by Professor Koushik Sen affilated with the Programming System Group and the Sky Lab. My research interests center around programming languages, including program analysis, testing, deep learning compiler, etc. I am also a part-time student researcher at Google DeepMind (legacy Google Brain), collaborating with Dan Zheng, Ningning Xie, and Gordon Plotkin. I did my undergrad at Purdue University, working with Guannan Wei and Tiark Rompf on building symbolic execution compilers with staging. Outside of my hacking job, I am an active hiker (hiking records), a mediocre trail runner, and a rookie kendo player.
I am open to colloborate on a few projects. Feel free to drop me an email, especially if you are an undergrad!
- ItyFuzz: Snapshot-Based Fuzzer for Smart Contract.
Chaofan Shou, Shangyin Tan, Koushik Sen
The ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA) 2023
- Compiling Parallel Symbolic Execution with Continuations.
Guannan Wei, Songlin Jia, Ruiqi Gao, Haotian Deng, Shangyin Tan, Oliver Bračevac, Tiark Rompf
The IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2023
- INTENT: Interactive Tensor Transformation Synthesis.
Zhanhui Zhou, Man To Tang, Qiping Pan, Shangyin Tan, Xinyu Wang, Tianyi Zhang
Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST) 2022
- Towards Partially Evaluating Symbolic Interpreters for All.
Shangyin Tan, Guannan Wei, Tiark Rompf.
The ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Partial Evaluation and Program Manipulation (PEPM 2022)
- LLSC: A Parallel Symbolic Execution Compiler for LLVM IR.
Guannan Wei, Shangyin Tan, Oliver Bračevac, Tiark Rompf.
Proceedings of The 29th ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE 2021)
[acm dl] [tool]
- Compiling Symbolic Execution with Staging and Algebraic Effects.
Guannan Wei, Oliver Bračevac, Shangyin Tan, Tiark Rompf.
Proceedings of the ACM on Programming Languages, Volume 4 (OOPSLA 2020).
[acm dl] [code]
Teaching - Purdue University
- CS 182 (Discrete Math), UndergradTA, Spring - Summer ‘20
- CS 252 (System Programming), UTA, Spring - Summer ‘20
- CS 381 (Algorithm), UTA, Fall ‘20
- CS 390CP (Competitive Programming), UTA, Spring ‘19 - Spring ‘20
"Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability."-- Edsger W. Dijkstra
"A composition is always more than the sum of its parts."-- Yo-Yo Ma