I’ve been hiking for a while, and it’s time to keep a record of the hikes I’ve done. I’ll try to keep this page updated.
- Half Dome cable down hike, Yosemite National Park, CA
- 19.27 miles, 5509 ft elevation gain, 15:06 hours
- The hardest part is the snow-covered subdome. We all only had microspikes, and it was very slippery. The final cable section on half dome was okay, except we had to wait for the traffic.
- Six peaks loop, Mount Diablo State Park, CA
- 16.5 miles, 4823 ft elevation gain, ~8:00 hours
- Harder than I thought. We hiked up and run down. The trail is very steep, and the weather was hot.
- Pinnacles National Park, CA
- 13 miles, 2930 ft elevation gain, 5:38 hours
- This trail is easy except for the heat. There were supposed to be two caves, we ended up only visiting one. The other one was flooded.
- Sykes Hot Spring, Big Sur, CA
- 22.7 miles, 5604 ft elevation gain, 2 days (backpacking)
- The trail is FUN! We hiked in to the campsite a bit late, and had to look for the hot spring in the dark along the river. The hot spring was very nice under the starry sky.
- Black Mountain, Los Altos, CA
- 10 miles, 2427 ft elevation gain, personal record: 2:23 hours
- Trail running training.
- Berkeley Loop to San Pablo Reservoir, Berkeley, CA
- 18.7 miles, 4130 ft elevation gain, 6:30 hours
- Regular trail exercise.
- Cathedral lakes to Sunrise Lakes, Yosemite National Park, CA
- 21.3 miles, 2628 ft elevation gain, 10:50 hours (2 days backpacking)
- Beautiful trail with a crazy amount of mosquitos in August. We camped at Sunrise Lakes, and the view was amazing.
- Mission Peak, Fremont, CA
- 6.5 miles, 2100 ft elevation gain, ~2:00 hours
- Classic Bay Area hike, completed more than 10 times.
- San Francisco Crosstown Trail, San Francisco, CA
- 19.3 miles, 2247 ft elevation gain, 8:13 hours
- Fun trail to cross the whole San Francisco while mostly staying on the trail. Also interesting to hop on and off the trail to explore the city (we ate at a really good Pho place in the sunset district).
- Cactus to Clouds, Palm Springs, CA
- 21.5 miles, 10800 ft elevation gain.
- Almost finished: 19.4 miles, 10131 ft, 12:18 hours.
- This is really really hard! Will do it again. Contact me if interested!
- Monterey Bay Half Marathon, Monterey, CA
- 13.1 mikes, 400 ft elev gain.
- First-time half-marathon! Finished in 2:26.
(Missing: a few hikes in the East Sierra, including Morgan Pass, Bishop Pass, and Kearsarge Pass.)